Tonight I’m thankful for…
* Brett being on his way home. Life’s not the same without my husband by my side. (Life is preferable with my husband by my side.)
…But I’ve been coping.
* Friends who have not let me feel lonely not once the whole week+ that Brett has been gone.
* This kind of homework, and getting to do it curled up in the corner of my squishy couch with the cozy smell of spinach pie baking.
* Truth that hits hard (from the Soul Healing workbook)
… too many Christians simply see themselves as sinners trying to be better Christians… You can’t become more of a child of God than what your spiritual birth gave you. Our efforts… must begin by believing that this is true, rather than trying harder to make it better.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17
* This journal that is truly becoming an epoch of a transforming life.
And because it makes this face. 😐
What are you thankful for today?
**Current reading list: Around The World In Eighty Days, Twelve Years A Slave, A People’s History Of The United States, Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, Soul Healing, and (my book club’s book of the month, if you want to read along) The Cuckoo’s Calling.